Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Technology For Astronomers and Astronauts

Technology
   A lot of people who are interested in science, have a habit of not paying attention to the technologies scientists use to do their experiments and/or research. I’m one of those people so researching and writing about scientist’s (mainly astronomer’s) technologies is going to be hard. On the other hand, scientists can go on and on about the technologies that they use. Scientists use technology so much that they feel like technology is part of their daily routine and life.

·       Satellites are used by all kinds of scientists. They help scientists by taking pictures of the Earth or any other extraterrestrial things. Satellites are also used for communication. Telephone lines, television shows,  GPS signals, and many more need satellites in order to perform their activities.

·       Radio interferometers are used by astronomers to study celestial (space) objects. Large antennas send radio waves into space, making an image out of the object that is blocking the way of the waves.

·       Robots are very important for astronomers. Mobile robots can travel to places where humans cannot in space. They take pictures and send them to the scientists. Human-like robots were made to perform daily tasks of the astronauts.

.
·       Spectrographs are used by astronomers to measure the spectra, meaning the light waves, of stars and galaxies.

·       Computers help astronomers by it having useful tools and apps that the scientists can use to study space, like Microsoft Windows for example.

·       Space shuttles help astronauts travel to places in space to take a closer look at things.

·       Telescopes are very important to astronomers, but I’m sure that you all know what they help scientists do. The Hubble Telescope is a telescope made to perform the same tasks as a satellite, but also works as a telescope. (No idea why they can’t just call it the Hubble Satellite.) 
\

5 comments:

  1. wow!! That's cool. Like your blog. I can learn many things from here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks! I'm just writing for fun and also school. Every week I post so be sure to check things out! Also, I think I'm going to write a story that contains many interesting facts about space so be sure to check that out, too! My email address is glamis169104@gmail.com. (p.s. I also listen to K-pop and my favorite band is Super Junior.)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for reply me.You know I'm Cesia right?! I told to my family to look this blog and my dad and my mom LOVE this blog. okay. I'm going to post on my blog about super junior.
      Ps.I'll check your blog !

      Delete
  2. Yes, I know. I was trying to act like a stranger. LOL. See you at school. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay.... I was trying to act stranger too .:) I have to study for my math test :(

      Delete